This week I’ve been practicing taking photos of my food. It’s a tough task… not only do you need to cook your food and bat away people that want to eat your food, you then need to play around with presentation on the plate, work on the photographs composition, think about what props you’re going to use…. then there’s the lighting.
Whilst my photos aren’t for any means perfect, I think I’m making progress – quite a leap from my initial blog photos.
I wanted to share with you one of my husband’s favorite paleo recipes. This supper is perfect to serve as a “paleo dinner party” starter but it is also just perfect to make for a sumptuous mid-week dinner.
The chopping the cauliflower is a bit faffy if you don’t have a large food processor. Have a dustpan on brush to hand, as little cauliflower pieces are going on the floor. BUT I promise you this recipe is worth it!
Paleo Caulizotto with Scallops
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large knob of butter/ glug of olive oil
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 4 slices of pancetta
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 4- 6 large scallops
- 1 cup of parmesan (optional)
- In a pan, melt the butter. Add the chopped cauliflower and stir.
- Once it’s beginning to brown, add the chicken stock and simmer.
- Meanwhile, fry the pancetta and set to one side.
- Once the stock has reduced, add the peas and cheese, and stir.
- Season with black pepper.
- In a separate pan, melt some butter, and fry the scallops on a medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side.
- Add 50% of the pancetta to the caulizotto. Stir.
- Assemble, caulizotto first, then add the scallops. Garnish with the remaining pancetta.
You’re good to go! Enjoy! Let me know how you get on.