I’ve got around a week until I head off on a vacation to Santa Barbara and LA, so I’m really trying to be good. Work out often and fuel my body properly, so I’m at my optimum.
This afternoon my plan is to head out on a long bike ride, so this morning’s breakfast is something that’s filling, plus combines a good combination of carbs and protein. I love egg based dishes, are they are cheap and budget friendly to make, nutrient packed, and their one of the easiest things to make. Simply slap your ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Throw in your eggs, and then bake. You can leave the oven unattended whilst you go about your day (blow drying my hair in fact!) but feel free to check your emails, have a brew, watch the news.
Leftovers make for an awesome lunch with salad, or supper for later on.
Paleo Breakfast Bake, with Kale, Bacon and Chorizo
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 1 Inch of Chorizo, chopped (I got a fab spicy Chorizo sausage from Wholefoods- Make sure you check the label for additives/ nasties.)
- 3 Slices of streaky Bacon, chopped
- Handful of Kale, chopped
- 4 Green Onions, diced
- 1 Sweet Potato, finely sliced using a grater
- 2 Carrots, grated
- Teaspoon of coconut oil
- 6 Eggs
- Finely grease your baking dish. Set the oven to 400 degree/ 225 degrees.
- Add the onions, bacon and chorizo to a hot pan. Cook in the coconut oil.
- meanwhile, add the veg to a large mixing bowl.
- Season with black pepper.
- Once the onions are browned and the bacon is cooked. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Crack in the eggs and stir. Add to your baking dish
- Bake for 45 mins.
Hope you enjoy!