Chocolate and Almond Bar
15 minutes to make
Before I share this recipe with you, let me start by saying this chocolate treat is exceptionally delicious…. it looks impressive, and I’ll let you in to a secret. It’s ridiculously easy to make.
Although this recipe is “paleo” this isn’t something you should be munching on all the time.
BUT. This is a perfect for a weekend treat. Trust me, whoever you are going to make this for… they will love you forever!
This dessert is extremely rich, so you won’t need more than a 2 inch square piece! Prepare to wow!
Chocolate and Strawberry Almond Bar
You will need:
- 1 dessert spoon, Raw Cacao Powder.
- 1/2 dessert spoon, Macca Powder.
- 200g Butter.
- 1 dessert spoon, local Honey.
- 200g Coconut Oil.
- 1 dessert spoon, Almond Butter.
- 1 handful, Chopped Almonds.
- 1 handful, Freeze Dried Strawberries.
- 1 handful, Freeze Dried Blueberries.
- In a pan, gently melt the honey and butter. Stir together. Add the macca and cacao powder and stir.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Now, pour half of the mixture into the base of the tray.
- Add half of the almonds, blueberries and strawberries to the mixture in the baking tray.
- Now return to the pan. Take the remainder of the mixture, add the coconut oil, the almond butter and mix together. Once melted, pour on top of the first layer.
- Once level, top with the remaining strawberries, blueberries and almonds.
- Place in the freezer for around 2 hours, until set. Then serve.